Skip To Main Content
Orange Cove High School CTE Pathways
What are CTE Courses?
- Provide free technical skills training in an area of study and/or industry sector
- Connect high school to college, industry certifications and/or careers
- Meet four years higher education a-g requirements (a-g)
- Provide an industry-approved certification that can be used for direct employment
- (A) and/or Dual (D) enrollment with community colleges (earning high school and college credit)
What is a CTE Pathway?
- A sequence of two or more CTE courses within a student’s area of career interest. Designed to connect high school classes to college, industry certifications, and/or a career.
- Pathways may consist of only one course (equal time and work as a two-course pathway, 1 year completion (1Y)).
What makes a CTE Pathway Completer (Honorary Medallion for Graduation)?
- Completion of all courses in the pathway
- Grades for all semesters of each course in the pathway must be a C or better (C- will not be accepted)